I have big party dreams in my future... dinner, grammy, bachelor parties I am already planning. But when I saw this party from Sarah Sherman Samuel I almost died (can you tell I am dramatic;). THIS is what I want to have with my friends when I own my own home. So much inspiration in these pictures.. go check her post HERE that gives so many details but heres a little sneak peak of how amazing it was.
Isn't it amazing?! just wait until you see an outdoor dinner party she had... *heart eyes*
How was everyones weekend?! I did quite the road trip hitting friends at La Crosse, ventured to Iowa for a couple days, and finished off the trip with dinner in Madison. A lot of driving but so worth it!! I have been looking for a necklace or two that I can wear on an everyday basis... super simple and dainty. I found exactly what I was looking for from Made by Mary. For the quality, it's really inexpensive and I love how this little business a mom started has really taken off. They have so many cute necklace options so you should really check her out!! In the picture above I am wearing THIS necklace and love it (also saw someone wear it as a bracelet that also looked really cute!).
Also, as you can see, I redid/rebranded my blog! I haven't really changed it in the two years of having By Sophia Lee, so it was about time. This blog correlates with my future career goals, thus I am trying to grow it as much as I can so when I graduate college I will have a great network to go off of. Please, please, pleasesubscribe to my blog!! It's super easy, all you need to do is find the sidebar box on the right labeled "SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG" and insert your email. If you are on your phone or tablet, just scroll almost to the bottom and you will find it! Then, every time I post (about 2-3 times per week) you will get my post sent directly to your email. You will ONLY get emails from when I post so whats the harm;). It really helps me out, I would be so appreciative!! I hope you like how the new and improved blog looks!
(pic by my all time fav blogger and idol Rachel Parcell... seriously want to be her and have an obsession.... also she has the BEST hair and just did a post on her hair care secrets that you can find HERE)
I have finally found my perfect set of hair products that give me the exact texture and style I want for my hair. I love seeing how other people do their hair and what products they use so I thought you guys might be interested as well. I am actually quite proud of myself because I have figured out how to do my hair so that when I curl it in will last up to four days... yes FOUR. I know gross, and believe me, by the fourth day I am majorly pushing it but it saves me so much time! And honestly, the longer I can go without showering the more I like how my hair looks. Lets get on to how I do it..
1. SHOWER: I always try to shower at night. I know this makes some peoples hair unmanageable, but for me it does the opposite. If I shower during the day it adds at least an hour into my routine, plus more heat to blow dry which I don't have time for/want to do. In the shower I rotate between Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Head and Shoulders Oil Control shampoo. I do get dandruff sometimes (TMI) so the Head and Shoulders really helps. For conditioner, I use the Moroccan Oil Conditioner and once a week I use the Moroccan Oil Restorative Hair Mask. The hair mask helps since I do put a lot of heat on my hair. I know the Moroccan Oil products are expensive but I really do believe they work and I love the smell. If you want cheaper, I have also used Argan Oil of Morocco that I get at Target that I really like (especially the brown bottle).
2. AFTER SHOWER: Right after I get out of the shower I dry my hair off and then put 12-In-One Amazing Leave-In Treatment. I LOVE this stuff. I got it in my Ipsy Bag months ago and still use it every time I shower. I can completely tell a difference between when I use this and when I don't. It helps smooth my hair out and make it much straighter (I have nasty wavy hair). I then brush my hair out and go to bed.
3. IF I NEED TO GET UP EARLY IN THE MORNING: On Mondays, since I have to get up at 5am to get to Chicago for Nate Berkus, I do my hair at night so I can just roll out of bed and go. I'll do the same thing I said above but then go on to blow dry my hair. I use this CHI Blowdryer that works so well and fast. I had a previous dryer that would take me forever to blow dry my hair but now my hair will be dry in less than ten minutes. I then will go through and do a quick straightening with my Chi Straightner (which is on sale, btw!) that I have had for years. My hair is really frizzy after I shower, so whether I blow-dry or air-dry I always give my hair a quick straightening. I then separate my hair in two sections and use my NUME curling wand. I find that this curls my hair too much if I don't get to sleep on it, but if I do sleep on it I wake up with the perfect soft wave. This wave will stay for days for me with no touch ups needed. It's amazing. I will finish my hair off with some of this Texture Spray.
4. IF I CURL IN THE MORNING: For a super loose wave I use my Hot Tools 1 1/4 curling iron. I really like how this curl works for the day, but I find if I sleep on it it completely falls out. I do like how this curl looks better than the wand though, so if I don't need my curl to last I will use this one.
5. HOW TO GO WITHOUT SHOWERING: My absolute FAVORITE hair product I own and the one I can't recommend enough is this Dry Shampoo by Living Proof. It is SOO good. It makes my hair look freshly showered every. single. day even if I have not showered for four days before!
If any of you try these products, let me know!! I would love to see how they work on another people!
Happy Valentines Days!! This is one of my favorite days of the year not only because everything is so cute decoration wise but its all about showing how much we love and care for each other!! With how some things are going in the world right now, we could really use a day all about this. I hope that even if you don't have a significant someone, you can still feel and share love with the people around you. I really do love every single one of my readers and I want to give a huge thank you to all of you!!! let me know if you need a temporary valentine and I'll be it;)
Also, MAJOR PSA: for all you over-the-knee boot lovers... I got THESE at Nordstrom Rack for $37 and LOVE them. They're on clearance there and were originally $150 dollars. I 100% recommend them!! You can find them HERE. UPDATE: I wore these today with tights and a skirt. They fell down the whole day and it was SO annoying! I don't know if thats just a issue I have and will have to only wear them with jeans (I didn't have this problem at all with jeans on) or I wont be able to wear them at all :(.
How was everyones weekend?! Mine was so good- shopping, movies (completely recommend 50 Shades Darker #judgeme), friends and family. What more could you ask for?! I have been obsessed with this shirt I got earlier this week. like so obsessed I wore the same outfit two days in a row:/. and the best part of all is how affordable it is!! You can find the shirt HERE. I got a small and it fits me perfectly.
Bear with me, this is a very unorganized blog post:/.
I am a planner. I have almost every single thing in my life planned and if its not planned give me a few days and it will be planned. believe me, I know I am crazy hahaha But this is seriously what I want my Interior Design Firm to look like. I already have the location picked out. It's in my current city and the building needs a lot of work (it's being used as storage right now). It's perfect for me because 1) I don't think a lot of people will see the potential and 2) no one will consider buying it for the previous reason. Have I mentioned its not even for sale?? Yikes.. This blog post is mostly for my reference to see how my vision changes in the future.
Shutterfly rounded up 100 different dorm decorations and asked if they could include one of my pictures. Of course, I said yes (I mean hello it's Shutterfly!!). You can find the post HERE and if you scroll down for approximately six seconds you'll find my picture.
I surprised Ben this weekend and came to Iowa with his parents. I am having such a good time and try to cherish every second with him.. The weekend goes by so fast! He goes to school in an extremely small town but it has some staple food places (talk about the best donuts and chinese food). Were trying to hit all these places and manage to get him a haircut ;). I hope you all had a great week and are having a great weekend!